Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Choose a public administration case where an official violated his or her public trust.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that answers the following questions:
- What was the apparent cause of the violation of trust by the public official?
- How was the breach of trust discovered?
- Describe the various legal means used to hold the administrative agency accountable. How sufficient were the various common law and statutes for holding the administrative agency accountable? Contrast the effectiveness of the common law with the statutory sources of review authority. What managerial, political, or legal challenges were involved in holding the administrative agency accountable?
- How was the issue resolved?
- Do you think the resolution was the best one possible? Why?
- In what way are public administrators bound by both individual ethics and office ethics? In what ways might these ethical frameworks overlap? In what ways might they diverge? What implications might this divergence have on public administrator accountability?
- How has this case example shaped the future of local, state, and federal administration law in the United States?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Violation of Trust Paper