Theory of Constraints and Supply chain Management
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
- a) In the novel, The Goal, Jonah gave the definitions of the following measurements to Alex. – Operational expense, Throughput and Inventory.
What is your understanding of the above three measurements.
How did Jonah describe ‘Goal’ relating the above three measurements?
- b) What is your understanding of DBR?
- c) How did the team identify the bottlenecks in their facility?
- d) How did the team define the process of on-going improvement?
Explain your understanding of the steps in the process of on-going improvement.
- e) TOC focuses on entire system management instead of subsystems isolation. Explain?
How does it apply to supply chain management?
- The student will submit a 4 – 6 page paper which will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Summary of the novel specifically addressing the first 6 bullets as listed above
- Explain how TOC can be used for Supply Chain Management (1-2 pages)
- Identify and describe a project in your current or past organization where TOC principles can be applied (1-2 pages)
- Use correct grammar and evidence of proof-reading (i.e., absence of spelling errors); overall formatting (i.e., Times New Roman font, 12-pt, double-spaced); and meeting total page requirements.