Texas Constitution Assignment
Answer the following four questions, researched and cited, and turn it in through the “turn-it-in” upload within CANVAS. This assignment will be due a date as identified in CANVASS. In this assignment the student must identify several Items:
- Describe the evolution of the Texas Constitution. Discuss the different Texas Constitutions from Texas’s time as a province of New Spain, through the current constitution.
- What are the benefits and cost of re-writing the current Texas Constitution? Should it be re-written? Why or why not?
- Compare and Contrast the major aspects of the Texas Constitution with that of the United States Constitution. How are they similar, and how are they different?
- How does Texas see its role, in our federal system (Federalism or Division of Power)? Are Texans more like to favor a stronger level of state influence, or National influence? Why?
- Textbook Chapters: Chapter: Texas Constitution
COMPLETING THE ASSIGNMENT:
These are the instructions for completing the assignment:
- The questions need to be answered in complete sentences and paragraph form.
- The assignment needs to be double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 font, have one-inch margins on the top, bottom, left, and right.
- Make sure to check your spelling and grammar.
- The assignment MUST BE A RESEARCHED, AND HAVE SPECIFIC CITATIONS FROM WITHIN THE PLATFORMS.
- THE GRADE: The grade will be based on the traditional 0 – 100 point scale.