Strategic Management Report (Amazon.com)
It is often noted that implementation is the most difficult aspect of strategic management. With
reference to your organisation, how might this be the case?
You are required to write a 3500 word report including 200 words of an executive summary, but
excluding references and appendix. You should also perform the following tasks:
1. Identify and discuss the strategy that the organisation (this report use Amazon.com as selected organisation) is implementing/has implemented
by examining its strategy statement and/or its value chain activities.
2. Evaluate the suitability of the organisation’s current business strategy based on the outcomes of
your analysis (e.g., the identification of theorganisation’s current strategy and the most significant
factors affecting the organisation’s performance, and your understanding of the organisation’s
strategy). If the current strategy is not suitable, please recommend no more than two alternative
strategic initiatives that the organisation should pursue and justify your recommendations.
3. Evaluate the implementation of strategy.
4. Develop your conclusion
Amazon.com analysis so this assigned report should be relevant to the submitted research report. Also, the references should be quality references like textbook or journal. (there will be a list of textbook that should be used as reference uploaded to the server as well)
To complete your report for Senior Management you will need to include the following sections:
1. Executive Summary
2. Background – Give a brief account of the background of the company/organisation, identify the
organisation’s current strategic direction that is being undertaken
3. Identify and evaluate the suitability of the organisation’s current strategy
4. Evaluate the implementation of the strategy
5. Conclusion – Summarise your findings.
You are required to cite a minimum of 15 refereed journal articles.