Product Launch Business Report
You should prepare an individual report that details a strategy for the launch of a product or service into a new international market or market segment(suggesting country: China). The product or service you choose will be entirely up to you. The report should contain the following:
1. Introduction purpose of the report + a brief summary of the literature which you intend to use.
2. A discussion on the product or service idea + how you identified the idea, why you think it is useful.
3. A discussion on the research method adopted, and a rationale for that choice.
4. A market analysis, focusing on the chosen country (start with the macro level, how large is the economy in terms of GDP, what is the rate of growth, regional variations etc).
5. Identification, analysis and rationale of a suitable market segment (what segment of the market is your product/service targeting, age, gender, class, region etc). Why are you aiming at this particular segment?
6. Strategy for market entry and market development (use five-force analysis for example) How will you enter the market? How fast will you enter the market? Whats the risk when you entering the market? How will you develop the market in longer term – five years.
7. Critical reflection on the use of theoretical and analytical frameworks (what have you learn from this module and from undertaking the analysis of the market?)
This business report will involve desk-based, secondary research resources only.
Begg, D., Fischer, S., Dornbusch, R. (2008) Economics. 9th ed. McGraw-Hill.
Besanko, D., Dranove, D., Shanley, M. and Shaefer. S. (2010) Economics of Strategy. 5th ed. John Wiley.
Dicken, P. (2011), Global Shift Mapping the Changing Contours of the World Economy. 6th edition, Sage.
John Child (2005), Organisation: Contemporary Principles and Practice. Blackwell Publishing.
Johnson, G., Scholes, K., and Whittingham, R. (2006), Exploring Corporate Strategy. 7th Ed. Prentice Hall: Harlow.
Hiller, D., Ross, S., Westerfield, R., Jaff, J., Jordan, B., (2010) Corporate Finance, McGraw-Hill.