For this assessment, consider that you work as a marketing analyst for a consulting firm and that your manager asked you to develop an analysis white paper that will be used for marketing purposes to showcase the firm’s consulting capabilities.
Choose a product or service made by an organization that is large enough to generate primary as well as secondary research resources. Research the product or service and write an analysis of your findings. In your analysis:
- Describe the company and relate the product or service to the mission or values of the company.
- Assess how well a company’s product or service meets customer requirements related to a product or service.
- Analyze the company’s competition in relation to its product or service.
- Explain how product positioning strategies contribute to competitive advantage in the marketplace, and assess strengths or weaknesses of the strategies used.
- Explain how the company’s product strategy attempts to carve out a niche or maintain market share leadership. Consider branding, design, product positioning, and other relevant product-related elements.
Based on your executive audience, your case study should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.
Academic Integrity and APA Formatting
As a reminder related to using APA rules to ensure academic honesty:
- When using a direct quote (using exact or nearly exact wording), you must enclose the quoted wording in quotation marks, immediately followed by an in-text citation. The source must then be listed in your references page.
- When paraphrasing (using your own words to describe a non-original idea), the paraphrased idea must be immediately followed by an in-text citation and the source must be listed in your references page.