Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
- 6-8 pages; double spaced; 12 point font
- cover page including title; course name & date
- bibliography and works cited as separate page
- Three scholarly sources must be used, including at least one primary text.
- Websites may not be used except for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy website and the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy website.
- If websites other that above are used (i.e. Wikipedia,etc.) it is an automatic fail.
1.Pick one philosopher we have discussed this semester (Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Kant) and pick one concept, argument, or theory related to the philosopher you have chosen.
- Write a shorty essay explaining the philosopher’s understanding of the concept, argument or theory as you would if you were writing a short encyclopedia article.
- Essay should be written in the third person.
- No personal opinion should be given about the topic under discussion.
- Explain the key aspects of the topic be referring to the philosopher’s writings and by quoting directly from the philosopher’s writings.
- If you want to include counterarguments, then use other philosophers’ counterarguments, not your own counterarguments.