After reading the story, answer the following questions in a well written paragraph of at least 350 words.
1. Regarding the story, The Necklace, how do you, as the reader, feel at the end of the story?
2. If you could rewrite the story or add an ending, what would you say?
3. Notice the date that this story was written and published. Is this a valuable story for the modern reader?
[Guy de Maupassant]
Make sure you read the introductory material for Chapters 2, 3, and 5. There you will find a discussion of character, structure, and point of view. Respond to both
questions below in a minimum of 350 words.
1. What is your personal reaction to Jackson’s story, “The Lottery?”
2. And discuss Shirley Jackson’s use of point of view in this story.
Choose either Guy de Maupassant or Shirley Jackson and research the time period in which they lived and wrote their stories. How do you believe this time period
influenced their writing? What was going on historically at that time?
In a well-written paragraph of at least 350 words answer the above questions.