Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Background: The assignment is intended to bring out the benefits and limitations of different approaches to project planning and control by relating these to the circumstances in the case outlined. It is also intended to allow students to demonstrate their learning and competence in respect of the management of resources generally, but in particular elements of scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
Task 1 (40% marks) 700 words (+/- 10%) each short answer question requires a response in a few sentences for the questions awarded up to 4-6 marks and a paragraph for questions awarded up to 8-10 marks.
1) What are the core principles/characteristics of any project and why are they important? (8 marks).
2) Identify the key steps included in the scope statement process for a project (6 marks.)
3) Using the information below, plot out a full project Gantt chart and identify the critical path? How many days does it take to complete the project? (6 marks).
4) Why would you include Contingency funding in project cost estimates (4 marks).
5) What are the alternatives an organisation can adopt in deciding how to address risks? (6 marks).
6) What methods (project evaluation, monitoring and control) would you introduce to ensure a project is completed successfully on time and within budget (10 marks).
Task 2: (60% marks)
Wroxham boat builders designs and builds motor launches for the leisure industry.
For years, the company enjoyed a stable marketplace, a small but loyal group of
customers, and a relatively predictable business environment. Wroxham boat
builders products were popular because they were reliable and required little major
updating. The stability of its markets, coupled with the consistency of its product,
allowed Wroxham to forecast annual demand accurately and to concentrate on
internal efficiency building only for customer demand.