Directions: Using the terminology in Appendix A in Paralegal Career for Dummies, prepare a list of at least ten possible ways litigation may end (e.g., Dismissal With Prejudice, settlement, etc.) and indicate whether it is most likely to occur in the pre-trial phase, the trial phase, or post-trial phase of litigation.
Directions: Using your knowledge of F.R.C.P., please provide the following information and list the appropriate federal rule:
- Explain how a civil action is commenced.
- Where may process be served under the federal rules?
- When and how may a defendant bring in a third party under the federal rules?
- In computing time under the federal rules, how many days may be added for documents served by mail?
- Please specify the proper requirements for the contents of a subpoena under the federal rules.
Directions: Using F.R.C.P. as your guide, please explain the different requirements for serving a summons, subpoena, or complaint as opposed to serving pleadings and other documents such as motions. Please cite the appropriate rule provisions.