Labor Economics Problem set
Answer the following questions and turn in your answers at the beginning of class on Tuesday Nov 3. We will then discuss your answers.
1. Why did the Chinese government end the One Child Policy?
2. Draw China’s age pyramid for 2015. Explain its shape. http://populationpyramid.net/china/
3. Draw China’s age pyramid for 2030, revised in light of the change in policy. Explain its shape.
4. China’s total fertility rate in 2014 was 1.55. What do you predict it will be in 2016? In 2020? Explain your predictions.
5. At what ages will the biggest changes in age-specific fertility occur?