INTERVIEW WITH CHANGE LEADER
You are required to conduct an interview with a manager in your work organization (could be the university) or another organization, who has experience of leading and managing change. The results of the interview are to be incorporated in a written report of 1800 words, excluding cover page, contents, references and appendices.
The report is to comprise three main components:
1. Change leader roles
• Description of the change context(s)
• Description and analysis of change leadership roles undertaken
2. Change leader effectiveness?
• Analysis of competencies demonstrated by the change leader
• Assessment of change leader effectiveness
3. Lessons learned from the interview
• What you have learned from the interview
• How you might apply the lessons learned in the context of your academic studies or work context
• Analysis of the change context(s) and change leader leader’s role(s) in each case (10%)
• Critical analysis of change leader competencies and effectiveness (10%)
• Demonstrated ability to synthesise what you have learned from the interview and identify how you might apply the learnings in an academic and /or work context (10%)
• Report presentation (clarity, internal flow, referencing) (5%)
• Reports should demonstrate an ability to apply relevant course concepts , theories and frameworks
• Reports must include brief details of the interviewee ( name , organizational title), date and location of interview and a copy of the questions used in the interview (as an Appendix)
When you have drafted your questions you must send them to me and my lecturer will comment. If the lecturer satisfied with your questions, then you can start the following work.