Information Systems homework help
Paper C1: Topic Selection (Individual) – Research on an existing or emerging technology and its related ethical issues.
This is the start of a three part assignment, consisting of Papers C1, C2, and C3. For the first part or C1:
- Select Topic – Select a digital ethical issue for your research that is caused by the existing or emerging technology. You will utilize this research topic for Paper C2 (Individual Research Paper) and C3 (Study Group PowerPoint presentation). Following is a link to some suggested topical ideas you may want to consider as a candidate for this assignment. Be sure to keep in mind that the technology aspects of this assignment are different from those of Paper A (Application of decision making frameworks to IT-related ethical issues) or Paper B1 and B2, which dealt with aspects of organizational policy.
The above link will enable you to find articles on ethics in many fields and disciplines, please remember that the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use
- Topic Title – Begin with a topic title that describes what you will research in Paper C2.
- Explain the reason for your topic selection briefly in a paragraph of at least 150 words.
- In addition, please determine three critically important questions you would like to address regarding your topic, in your C2 individual research paper. Include a written description (100 words) for each question that includes why that question is critically important.
- The objective in developing and posing these questions is to stage your research and guide your preparation of the final C–2 Research Paper, so that one or more ethical principles are applied and explained as a result of your research. This process helps you establish a thesis for your research.
- Lastly, provide at least three proposed reference sources, at least two of which must be from the UMUC library database (or an equivalent academic database), which you plan to use to address (i.e., research) the three questions. These proposed reference sources must have clickable and persistent URLs.
Remember: the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use! Remember to follow all APA formatting requirements. You must secure prior approval of your topic C1) from the instructor (use the Pager utility in LEO or regular e-mail) before proceeding with your research!