Information Systems homework help
As explained in the textbook, UNIX / Linux initially only provided a command line interface for interaction with the operating system (OS). The introduction of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) to UNIX / Linux OS makes it easier to administer a Linux system.
Write a two page paper in which you:
- Discuss the primary advantages of GUI over a textual (command-line) interface in Linux system administration.
- Describe two (2) linux desktop environments and explain how they generally function.
- Recommend one (1) scenario or situation that demonstrates when each GUI system you described previously (two  total scenarios) would be most suitable to install.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.