Read the case study about “The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on North Carolina’s Uninsured Population” on pages 202–203 in Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.).
To complete this Assignment, write a 3- to 5-page paper that addresses the following:
• Explain the impact of the Affordable Care act on the population that it affected.
• Explain the impact of the economics of providing care to patients from the organization’s point of view.
• How will patients be affected in relationship to cost of treatment, quality of treatment, and access to treatment?
• What are the ethical implications of this act for both the organization and the patients?
Access to Treatment for NC Patients
Text starts here
Ethical Implications for the Organization and the Patients
Text starts here. Remember to discuss your implications within an ethical framework. I expect to see ethical terms used such as justice, autonomy, beneficence etc. You do not need to use all of them but I expect to see that you have a basic understanding of ethics. Read up on it on the Internet…
(not in bold – See Common Reference List Examples to check all references EXCEPT Streaming Video which is in your Assignment Toolbox).
1. REMEMBER…the use of Required Course Resources found under Week 3 are expected to be used to provide breadth and depth to your paper.
2. NOW attach the Assignment Rubric from the “Course Information” tab on the left side of the Home Page to the BOTTOM of your paper under References.
3. Save your work as follows and use as SUBMISSION TITLE
a. Wk5Assgn+Last Name+First Initial
The paper will be submitted at the end of Week 5…therefore even though you started it in Week 3 it is considered Assignment 5.These two are required sources:•Kovner, A. R., & Knickman, J. R. (Eds.). (2011). Health care delivery in the United States (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing. ◦Chapter 3, “Health Care Financing” (pp. 47–66)
This chapter attempts to unravel several of the complexities in America’s health care system, and it also provides an analysis of the health care/insurer/patient relationship and how hospitals are actually funded.
◦Chapter 12, “Health Care Costs and Value” (pp. 257–276)
Rising costs of health care and potential approaches to constraining growth in health care expenditures are examined in this chapter.
◦Chapter 15, “Health Workforce” (pp. 315–329)
This chapter looks at the nature of the supply and demand for health care professionals in the United States.
•Milstead, J. A. (2013). Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. ◦Chapter 10, “Overview: The Economics and Finance of Health Care” (pp. 191–206)