Human Resource Management Task 4 a
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
HRM JUL16 DF1.3
Rank your organisation on each of the dimensions on the Strategic-Traditional HR continuum.
- How does this ranking impact your role as a manager?
- How would you change the mix?
HRM JUL16 DF2.1
Which of the following is bullying behaviour? Discuss your answers and their supporting reasons.
- Being asked to account for errors you have made
- Being teased or laughed at because you are a vegan
- Never having your opinion acknowledged and listened to
- Being reprimanded for not completing an agreed task
- Being told to ‘just do it’
- Being criticised for poor timekeeping
- Not being invited to meetings you would have previously attended
- Having to change offices to accommodate a new colleague
- Having all scope for decision-making or initiative removed
- Receiving accusatory notes on the last day of work before holiday leave
HRM JUL16 DF4.2
See this website for an example of employer branding consultants.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
– What is an EVP? Why is it important?
– How would you go about developing one in your organisation?
– What do you consider would be the benefits?
HRM JUL16 DF6.2
Optimised Adult Learning
Watch Charles Jennings on Structured LearningN(70:20:10):
- To what degree is your business a learning organisation?
- What does the ratio generally look like for learning in your organisation?
Is it 70: experience / practice: 20 relationships/networks: 10 formal workshops etc? If not, what is it?
HRM JUL16 DF7.1
On what basis would you make the decision to:
- a) Pay above market average
- b) Pay market average
- c) Pay below market average
HRM JUL16 DF9.2
List at least two ways we can develop ethical cultures in our organisations that foster ‘acceptable’ work practices?