Human Nutrition Quiz
Buy an essay today
Human Nutrition Quiz
Assignment 1. Nutrition quiz. Please answer the following in your own words providing 75-100 word count per question.
1. If you were deficient in vitamin B12 but took large amounts of folic acid from supplements, would you develop macrocytic anemia? Why or why not?
2. What is meant by “diuretic drink”? What diuretic drinks do you consume on a daily basis? How can these affect your health?
3. How might taking vitamin supplements have positive and negative effects on your body based on your diet? What is the consensus among nutrition experts regarding supplements? What is your opinion on taking supplements?
4. How would you avoid dehydration? Refer to PDF Attachment avoiding dehydration
5. Can you drink too much water? refer to video ASAP Science: Can you drink too much water at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nwSuWr_q8
6. What does Vitamin B do for metabolism? Refer to Word Document Attachment Vitamin B and Metabolism
7. Why do you think the US has become more obese over the years? Why are people with lower income statistically more obese than the rest of the country? Is society to blame? Why or why not?
8. Think critically: Based on the graph, which country has the highest per capita bottled water consumption? What factors might increase a country’s consumption of bottled water? Refer to last slide of Water Graph PowerPoint attachment
9. Why is bone loss accelerated in young girls who are not menstruating?
10. Provide ideas to fight childhood obesity.
11. Can late night eating cause weight gain? Refer to word document Can late night eating cause weight gain
12. Do physically active people tend to suffer less from chronic illness? Why or why not?
13. How can you beat overeating? Refer to video ASAP Science: The Science of Appetite – Beating Overeating at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwqAelWSgHk
14. Which life stage–infants, children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly–is most important when it comes to nutrition? Explain.
15. Why is heartburn common during pregnancy?
16. In addition to enhancing learning by fueling the brain after the overnight fast, in what other ways might breakfast contribute to better school performance?
17. Why does contamination that occurs during processing have the potential to make more people sick than contamination that occurs at home? Refer to PowerPoint Attachment Food Processing
18. Infectious disease is the leading cause of death in developing countries. After a country has undergone nutrition transition, what types of diseases are the leading causes of death? Refer to PowerPoint attachment of Nutrition Transition
19. Provide thoughts on the video: The science of aging. Refer to video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkcXbx5rSzw
20. What are some illnesses and ailments caused by lack of food safety? How might these problems be prevented? Provide an example.
Will provide 6 reference attachements after handshake.
We can offer a similar ASSIGNMENT at a reasonable price. All our papers are written from the scratch and 100% plagiarism free.