Help with Finance Paper
The specific objective of this critical assignment is to assure that students of business have a sufficient capacity of skills to conduct an organizational-examination of all procedures and strategies in the money management field, and convey effectively their own philosophy which could become the foundation of an investment organization. This exercise will provide students with the opportunity to integrate and apply theory to practice. Preparing students to develop a comprehensive investment plan and analyst presentation where they will be able co communicate investment goals and strategic objectives, risk measurement and control methods, investment philosophy and directives, quantitative and qualitative factors to be used in investment selection etc..
For the purpose of this exercise, students will choose a well known investor/portfolio manager (i.e. Warren Buffet, David Einhorn, Kenneth Griffin, Carl Icahn, Howard Marks or William Ackman etc.) for which they will conduct an investment and portfolio management analysis. The analysis of the money manager should culminate with students creating an in depth analysis of the personality, and methods applied by the manager chosen. Students will be evaluated on the depth, and scope of the analysis as well as its applicability to an investment portfolio.
The specific components of the proposed analysis should include:
- Introduction and history (brief introduction to the manager and his/her background)
- Education and professional history (where did the manager go to school, how was his/her financial education started and prepared him/her as a portfolio and investment manager)
- Investment strategies used and materials read by the manager (What books and materials were of influence in the managers methods of portfolio management, and how were the managers investment Â strategies developed throughout their career)
- Investment and portfolio management philosophy of the manager and application of it (what strategies are taken by the manager, like mitigation of risk, research and analytics, active or inactive investing, diversification or concentration, etc.)
- Success analysis (analyzing positions taken and the success of portfolio management and Â investments of the manager)
- Conclusion and application of investment and portfolio management methods.
The assignment will address the following components:
Section 1: Introduction and History
- Description of the upbringing of the portfolio manager chosen
- Analysis and reflection of how this history influences the managerâ€™s mind set and investment characteristics.
Section 2: personal Culture/Education and Strategy
- Describe the managerâ€™s culture, and based on this culture the strategy he/she takes in business.
- Education and influential personalities that built the investment thesis and portfolio management styles of the manager.
- Books, research and materials read by the manager that helped build his/her investment theory and portfolio management style.
Section 3: Investment Management
- What is the management culture?
- What is the type of analysis carried out on the managerâ€™s investments and Portfolio management?
- What are some well-known successful investments and portfolio management done by the manager?
Section 4: Application
- Describe an application plan for the analyzed methodologies of investment and portfolio management.
- Analyze skills required to carry out this investment strategy and portfolio management styles.
- Analysis of current positions and possible future investments and portfolio management strategies based on the methods used by the manager and write an investment thesis and portfolio management strategies for at least 4 investments and portfolio management based on this body of work.
The written paper is to be typed single â€“spaced, 1â€™ margins, Ariel and 11-point font, page length between 10-12, with correct spelling and grammar, proper citation, references, with a cover page and organized with headings. The instructorâ€™s approval of the topic is required.
The following Library resources and web-sites could assist students in conducting the research to do the Critical Assignment:
Lynn Library Sources
Academic Search Premier
Biography In Context
Business Source Complete
Campus Research: News and Law — U.S. (Powered by Westlaw)
General Business File ASAP
Hooverâ€™s Company Profiles
Reference USA & OneSource
Research Library Core