General Electric’s Financial Operations and Goals in the International Business World
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
A 12-15 page (excluding appendices, table of contents, abstract, reference, and bibliography) research paper (case study) is required on General Electric operating in a international business environment. This paper needs to be prepared consistent with the current APA Manual and needs to have a minimum of ten different references (No Wiki’s or Pedia’s). Some of the bibliography and references will most likely come from the firm that has been chosen source documents, e.g., annual reports and financial statements. As such this reduces the need for peer reviewed sources. However, peer reviewed sources are still important and should be listed in the bibliography/reference section(s) and cited in the paper as appropriate.
In addition, the research paper will be prepared consistent with the following guidelines:
- This serves as an introduction to the Research Paper. Provide an overview of the research design of the paper. Introduce the various topics that will be addressed in the research paper. Identify the method(s) that will be used to collect the data for the topics and how that data will be evaluated.
- There will be a brief discussion on General Electric to include its principle goods and services, market share, geographic locations where it operates, and major competitors.
- Evaluate and discuss whether the General Electric could benefit by using Activity Based Costing (ABC). The discussion should include what factor(s) influenced the decision, the ramifications of implementing ABC in the international business environment, and how you would structure the distribution of costs using ABC for General Electric.
- Evaluate and discuss whether General Electric could benefit by using standard costs. The discussion should include what factor(s) influenced this decision, the ramifications of costs, quantity, and variances, and the ramifications of using standard costs in the international business environment.
- Evaluate and discuss how General Electric could benefit by analyzing future projects in terms relevant costs. This discussion should include General Electric’s future plans, such as, expansion, consolidation, and downsizing and how relevant costs could be used in the decision making.
- Summary and conclusion(s). The discussion should provide a brief summary of the previous sections, and the conclusions that have been reached.