Fresh Direct Case Study
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Company: Fresh Direct
1. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, PROPOSAL, PROCEDURE YOU ARE ADDRESSING, AMENDING OR MAKING?
Fresh Direct problem is that is limited to certain areas in U.S. Its hard for them to expand since all the products are fresh, food and vegetables so the products wont be fresh anymore and the fruit and vegetables might be rotten by the time the food is delivered. If they do over night delivery to other states it might cost too much and its not worth it. Please include other problems that fresh direct has.
• an affirmative statement that what you are doing will work
• you can address it to a board, firm owner or evaluating committee
o “I propose that X offer Y as part of Z”
• BRIEF HISTORY OF Fresh Direct (max 3 Pages)
• Have they been successful in doing anything like this before?
• Do they have the personnel/management to do it?
• Who makes the decisions – their abilities and biases
• Control systems, cash?
• Internal and external influences
2. WHY YOUR SOLUTION WILL WORK, HELP CUSTOMERS AND THE FIRM.
• How the idea of Fresh Direct originated – if a good story – or why you thought of it – an “aha” moment!
• What makes your approach different/unique/add value?
• Does it result in a true, SUSTAINABLE competitive advantage?
• Evaluation of your proposal and acknowledgement of other potential options for the firm
• Positives and negatives of your idea (Five Forces, SWOT) – and as these relate to other options or actions
3. SELECTION OF “BEST” OPTION – YOURS – AND WHY
(REASONS – AND RANK ALTERNATIVES)
Explanation of the question: The idea of this project is to suggest to Fresh Direct a better way of doing business (target product, distribution, buying and selling merchandise, among others) Now we have to provide solutions for Fresh Direct problems and rank their alternatives solutions.
Company Website: https://www.freshdirect.com/welcome.jsp
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]