Financial Reporting Problem
Browse the Internet to acquire a copy of the most recent annual report for the publicly traded company.Â One place to look is www.annualreports.com. (see materials for the link)Â You can click on a company shown or browse for any publically traded company of your choice and download a PDF copy of the report.
Analyze the information contained in the company’s balance sheet and income statement to answer the following questions:
- What are the company’s total assets at the end of its most recent annual reporting period? And why is this important?
- How are the company’s assets classified?
- Are the assets included under the company’s current assets listed in the proper order? Explain your answer.
- How much cash and cash equivalents did the company have at the end of its most recent annual reporting period?
- What are cash equivalents?
- What are the company’s total current liabilities at the end of its most recent annual reporting period?
- What are the company’s net revenues for the years reported (current and prior)?
- What is the change in dollars in the company’s net income from its most recent annual reporting period to the previous annual reporting period?
- Considering all the information you have gathered, why might this information be important to potential creditors, investors, employees, and so on?
Summarize the analysis in a 1,000- to 1,500-word paper in a MicrosoftÂ® Word document.
You MUST include a copy of the company’s balance sheet and income statement to earn credit for this assignment.
Format your paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines.