Environmental Impact Assignment
As part of the 2014-2016 Global Strategic Objectives (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., ICAO’s goal is to minimize the adverse environmental effects of civil aviation activities, as is consistent with ICAO and the United Nations system environmental policies and practices. Select a country or region from which to form your perspective, and in three to four pages (APA format) explore and succinctly report elements of noise pollution, air quality, and CO2 emissions. Include initiatives, strategies, and policies in place to reduce the environmental impact of civil aviation activities and to ensure future environmental sustainability.
Your essay should adhere to the following Exploratory Essay guidance:
· Set the context – provide general information about the main idea, explaining the situation so the reader can make sense of the topic and the questions you will ask.
· State why the main idea is important – create a compelling, clear, and educational essay geared toward potential policy makers.
· State your research question – compose a question or two that clearly communicate what you want to discover and why you are interested in the topic.
· Identify a problem.
· Explain the causes of the problem and other contributing factors.
· Provide examples in industry or workplace
· State the people/institutions involved in the situation: decision makers and stakeholders.
· State the possible solutions to the problem.
· In addition to providing a conclusion to the main parts of your analysis, provide some introspection as to any surprises or shortfalls in expected outcomes.