Environmental Factors and Health Promotion Pamphlet: Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Develop a pamphlet to inform parents and caregivers about environmental factors that can affect the health of infants.
Use “Pamphlet Template,” to create your brochure. Include the following in the pamphlet:
1. For your topic, select an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants.
2. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
3. Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
4. Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research.
5. Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description of and contact information for each resource.
Take into consideration the health care literacy level of the target audience when developing the pamphlet.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines,