Employee and labor relations assignment
You are a worker in a fast growing, large, non-union manufacturing organization. You notice persistent systematic labor violations in the plant. The company has multiple locations in the United States and plants in China and France. People are complaining about the working conditions and wages. A group of your fellow workers are talking about the need to fight back. There seems to be a willingness to organize. You have decided to seek the help of a Union. Write the following information in proposal format. Remember to follow APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center and to cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Describe the union organizing process.
- Identify the union you would choose to help you organize and explain why.
- Describe the the responsibilities of the workers.
- Describe what the unions can do to help labor.
- Explain what management can legally say and do when they learn an organization movement is in progress.
- Explain what can be done to help the workers overseas organize.
- Explain why the global nature of the business does or does not influence the organization and bargaining process.
Note: Be sure to check that your Turnitin Similarity Index does not exceed 10% (excluding reference page).
- Must be 1250 to 1500 words, double-spaced (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.