Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Using the information gathered from your SWOT analysis conducted in Unit II, create an external factor analysis (EFAS)
table for the company you researched. Use Microsoft Word, or a similar program, to create your table. It should have five
columns. The first column heading should be titled External Factors, the second column should be titled Weight, the third
column should be titled Rating, the fourth column should be titled Weighted Score, and the fifth column should be titled
Click here to see an example EFAS table.
1. In the External Factors column, list at least six opportunities you saw in the company you researched. Underneath
the opportunities, list at least six threats you saw in the company you researched.
2. In the Weight column, assign an importance factor to each of these issues from 0.0-1.0 (1.0 is most important; 0.0
is least important). These ratings are based on the probable impact on a particular company’s current strategic
position. The higher the weight, the more important the factor to the current and future success of the company.
You may not be privy to the exact information for this company, so in some cases you will need to use your best
judgment. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
3. In the Rating column, assign a rating factor from 5.0-1.0 (5.0 is Outstanding; 1.0 is poor). These ratings are based
on the company’s response to that particular factor. It is your judgment call on how the company is currently
dealing with each specific factor. Once again, you may need to make an estimate in this area if you are not privy
to all of the information. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
4. In the Weighted Score column, multiply the weight from column 2 by the rating in column 3 to get the factor’s
5. In the Comments column, explain why a particular factor was selected and how its weight and rating were
6. At the bottom of column 4, add the weighted scores for the external factors. Is the company doing better or worse
than others in the same industry? Complete this answer underneath your table.
Format your assignment using APA Style. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid
plagiarism. Remember to use proper APA formatting and include a reference page.