Distinguish between a Mega-Event and a Hallmark Event, focusing on their defining characteristics and their role in encouraging tourism.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”adssa” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]
Distinguish between a Mega-Event and a Hallmark Event, focussing on their defining characteristics and their role in encouraging tourism. Illustrate your essay through case studies of both types of event. These case studies must be substantially based on a journal article or book chapter (not an internet site or newspaper/magazine article).
2000 words +- 10%
1. NO APPENDIX all relevant material must be incorporated into the main body of the essay.
2. Must use comprehensive Harvard in-text referencing.
3. ALL in text references should include page numbers (eg Wood, 2006: 54 – clearly showing that the information was sourced from that page). This applies to all references, not just quotes.
4. You should only reference what you have read. If you read about an IOC report in Allen, reference Allen – that’s what you read.
5. Do not reference internet sites, magazines or newspapers. There are no exceptions. They can be used as background research, but are not to be referenced.
6. Base your essay on academic sources, eg journal articles, books, chapters in books. Only reference these sources.
7. There is a maximum of five sources per essay. Choose wisely what is worth including. Remember, no internet references, magazines or newspapers.
8. Many journals are now online and it’s okay to use these. Don’t give the URL, use the title, volume and issue no etc.
[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”best” metadata=”height: 126, width: 630″]