Dissertation Chapter – Discussion, Ethics
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
What you determine to be the major theme of Module Two (External Influences on Ethics);
Ethics in Health Administration A Practical Approach for Decision Makers by Eileen E. Morrison Jones & Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA Second Edition 2011 (ISBN-13:978-0-7637-7327-4)
Chapter 5 – Ethics Challenges in the ACA Era
Chapter 6 – Market Forces and Ethics
Chapter 7 – Community Responsibility and Ethics
Chapter 8 – Technology and Ethics
2.What lessons you learned from this section; and
3.How you would apply these lessons to your work. Please include TWO comments from Course Modules-Discussion Board Reflections.
1.Review the history of healthcare reform.
2.Discuss the key features of ACA 2010.
3.Apply ethics from the publics view.
4.Apply ethics from the states view.
- Why the public needs protection from the health care system and how communities gain protection.
- What ethics principles do you use?
- Competency assurance techniques for staff. Reasons for staff incompetence and the HCAs responsibilities.
- Integrative medicine options. What is this? Who uses it? What ethics issues need to be considered in offering it?
- External events that affect health care.
- The boomer generation as a major external force affecting our industry. Benefits of having the boomer population in the healthcare system. The burdens the boomers may also pose to the system.
- History of health care and the connection to social responsibility.
- Idea of the obligation for maintaining mission and margin.
- Functions of public health and relation to social responsibility.
- Moral duty to provide quality services.
- Connection of the use of technology with the perception of good medicine. Technologys impact on society in general. Information technology and how it is used clinically, in business, and by consumers.