Discrimination in Employment
Assignment 2: Discrimination in Employment
There are numerous ways discrimination can occur in the workplace. Choose one type of discrimination covered by the US EEOC as listed below:
- Genetic information
- National origin
- Race and color
Address the following in a 3–5-page paper:
- Explain the type of discrimination you selected, including relevant laws. Discuss the implications and consequences of a violation.
- Cite at least two court cases that involve this type of discrimination in employment. Analyze the cases to determine whether and where illegal behavior occurred.
- Discuss ways employers can prevent or reduce the risk of this type of discrimination in the workplace.
- Discuss the law in the current and future employment context. Many laws covering discrimination are decades old. Are these laws still applicable? Do they still accomplish what they are intended to do? What modifications may be necessary or appropriate in the future?
Include reference to the original text of the law, court cases, and other scholarly resources in the APA format.
- Save your paper in a Microsoft Word document named M2_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and by the due date assigned, submit it to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 3 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsDiscussed types of discrimination at the workplace and related laws, implications, and consequences of violations.20Analyzed workplace discrimination supported by real-life examples, provides recommendations to mitigate discrimination, and examines laws against current future employment contexts.60Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20Total:100