Cultural Identity assignment
Part Two: Interview: Cultural Identity
Use the questions below to interview one adult:
- When did your ancestors come here?
- What process did they take to make the journey?
- What do you consider to be your culture?
- When did you first become aware of your culture?
- What do you value about your culture?
- What does it mean to you to be an American?
- What does citizenship mean to you?
- How would you describe yourself and your personal values about others who are in any way different from you?
- What effects might cultural diversity have in the classroom?
Part Three: Cultural Diversity: Impact on the Classroom
Write a 250-500 word paper that discusses cultural identity and its implications for the classroom. Describe the differences in cultural identity between yourself and your interviewee.
Given the interviewee’s responses to questions 8 and 9 and your own responses to these same questions, discuss the possible effects and advantages of having culturally diverse students in the classroom.