Cost of running a campaign
The Campaign: SLO #2
1. How much does it cost to run for office in Texas?
b. How will you raise money? (read this handy info from the Texas Democratic Party before you violate any campaign finance laws: https://www.txdemocrats.org/act/run-for-office )
c. What interest groups will support/oppose you? Go to https://votesmart.org/interest-groups/TX/#.WXjT4ojyuUk and identify two (2) interest groups that you think will support your campaign, and two (2) who will oppose your campaign. Explain why, referring to your platform.
2. What’s your SLOGAN?
3. Design a campaign sign.
4. Which newspaper, official, celebrity endorsements will you seek? Why?
5. How do you get out the vote? Given your issue stands, what voter groups do you need to target? What is (refer back to the district analyses documents on your current legislator’s homepage).
When You Win…SLO #3
2. Choose at least three (3) committees on which you’d serve, if elected.
a. Explain each committee’s functions (is it substantive or procedural?).
b. Explain why your placement on these committees is justified. How does it serve you district’s needs? How does it emphasize your experiences/interests?
3. What kind of constituent service would you be likely to do? What kind of “home style” would you create (and how?) Most Texans do not know who their legislators are. How do you seek to solve that problem?