Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations
Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice. Explain the process and summarize the results.
This assessment is the first piece in the Professional Development Portfolio you submit in Assessment 5.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Health Assessment – Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
. Describe the key elements that make up a health assessment at the community, group, and individual levels.
. Explain the process involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment.
. Summarize the findings of a health assessment for a specific population.
· Competency 3: Nursing Research and Informatics – Incorporate evidence-based practice interventions (for example, information systems and patient care technologies) as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients, promoting health across the lifespan.
. Use valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of nursing to support information presented.
· Competency 5: Communication – Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
. Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate APA format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a nursing professional.
Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice as you complete the following:
1. Describe the key elements that make up a health assessment at each of the following levels:
2. Explain the process for completing a comprehensive health assessment.
3. Summarize the findings of the health assessment you conducted. Be sure you include a brief description of the population you selected.
· Format: Include a title page and reference. Use APA style and formatting.
· Length: This assessment should be approximately 3–5 pages in length.
· References: Cite at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
· Font: Use double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font.
You are required to submit your assessment to the Turnitin source matching tool.