Comparing Ancient and Classical Art Paper
ChooseÂ one of the following pairs:
- Cuneiform Writing in Sumeria and the Palette of Narmer
- The Design and Making of Stonehenge and The Great Stupa at Sanchi
- Euphronios Krater and the Funerary Vase
WatchÂ both presentations for the pair you have selected.
WriteÂ a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that explains the similarities and the differences of these two works of visual art. Consider the cultural value of these two objects at the time they were created and the purpose they were intended to serve. What are the similarities? What are the differences? How do these works of art function in our culture in the present day?
IncludeÂ the following:
- A visual description of each artwork
- The time period in which each work was created
- The geographic region in which each work was created
- The name of the artist, if known
ConsiderÂ the following:
- The cultural value of these two objects at the time they were created
- The purpose they were intended to serve
- Their similarities and their differences
- How do the two works of art function in our culture in the present day?
FormatÂ your paper consistent with APA guidelines.