Topic: Cloud-Based Organizations
Overview: Your company is interested in learning more about cloud computing and the varying services offered. Your organization wants to start small by transitioning from Exchange to a cloud-based corporate email and calendar application with a service provider that can eventually support all other internal productivity programs. The head of the IT department has handed you a list of cloud-based organizations because he doesn’t have time to put together a report for the CEO that explains what cloud computing does and how it might benefit the organization. That, of course, is why YOU got the list.
Select three providers from the list, and report back on the following:
- Briefly explain the provider’s primary cloud function—what advantages might the organization have over another organization that provides the same product or service?
- Briefly explain the type of cloud computing service model is the organization uses.
- Briefly explain the cloud deployment model(s) that the provider supports.
- What features do the providers you have selected offer regarding security and privacy best practices? Are those considerations important to your company? Explain why a secure environment for email and office productivity programs is important.
- In your conclusion, please explain which organization you recommend that your company choose and explain the reasons why from your evaluation.
The list of organizations you were given to evaluate contains the following:
1. IBM SmartCloud
3. Zoho One
4. Apple iCloud
5. Amazon WorkMail
6. Google G Suite
7. Microsoft Office 365
Please ensure you refer to the rubric for specific details on the requirements for this assignment!