Business studies homework help
Dynamics of International Strategy Assignment 2: Data analysis (20 marks)
For the data analysis, you are required to perform the following tasks:
- Scale reliability test, reporting Alpha coefficients for each variable with brief interpretation.
- Aggregate items scores of measurement items for each variable.
- Produce mean scores and standard deviation for each variable.
- Produce correlation table with brief interpretation.
- Mean centre scores for each variable.
- Perform Moderated Hierarchical Regression analysis.
- Present results in a table.
- Draw graphics showing moderation effects (use excel file provided).
- Interpret results.
- Draw a conclusion.
Note: You need to report the results for Task 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. For the reporting format, please follow the JWB journal article:
Jiang, F., & Stening, B. W. (2013). Do indigenous firms incur a liability of localness when operating in their home market? The case of China. Journal of World Business, 48(4), 478-489.
Business Distance (BD): (1) legal/political system – BD1, (2) market structure – BD2, (3) economic environment – BD3, (4) business practices – BD4, (5) language – BD5.
Cultural Distance (CD): (1) power distance – CD1, (2) individualism – CD2, (3) masculinity – CD3, (4) uncertainty avoidance – CD4, (5) long-term orientation – CD5.
Implementation of headquarters’ practices (IM): (1) the headquarters practice as a whole – IM1, (2) leadership (e.g., work area objectives) – IM2, (3) information and analysis – IM3, (4) planning (e.g., overall strategic business planning) – IM4, (5) people (e.g., authority to make decisions, training) – IM5, (6) process management (e.g., problem prevention) – IM6, (7) business results (e.g., improvement) – IM7, (8) customer focus and satisfaction – IM8.
Subsidiary financial performance (PERF): (1) return on investment – PERF1, (2) profitability – PERF2, (3) cash flow – PERF3, (4) productivity – PERF4.
- State ownership in headquarters (HSO)
- Employee number (Hemployeescale)
- Industry (Hindustrydummy)
- Total asset (Hassetscale)
- FDI amount (HamountFDI)
- English level (HEnglish)