Business management homework help
Business Plan Assignment
Choose an entrepreneurial opportunity. Using the template, write a business plan for the opportunity. Address all sections as described in the plan.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 8 pages in length
- Formatted according to APA Standards
- Include a minimum of 3 sources
Business Plan Template—Entrepreneurial Opportunity
Executive Summary (1 page)
The executive summary is an overview of the business plan that is written last, after the other sections of the plan are complete. It explains what your company is, where you want to take it, and why your business will be successful. The executive summary should address the following:
- Brief company description
- Future plans
Company Description (1-3 pages)
The company description explains what the company does, how it will be structured, and what differentiates it from others in the market. The company description should address the following:
- What is the product/service being sold?
- Why was this product chosen?
- What is the intended market?
- Are there intellectual property issues? If so, how will they be addressed?
- What legal form will the business take? Why?
- What competitive advantage does the company have?
Marketing Plan (2-4 pages)
The marketing plan presents evidence that there is a market for the product/service and details the marketing strategies that will be used to get the product/service sold. The marketing plan should address the following:
- What does the industry analysis show regarding the market environment that will affect marketing strategy?
- What is the definition of the market?
- What is the competition?
- What competitive advantage can the business capitalize on?
- What are the goals and objectives of the marketing strategy?
- How will the goals and objectives be achieved?
Organization Plan (2-4 pages)
The organization plan details the structure of the company, including who does what. It also details how the organization will be managed. The organization plan should address the following:
- What is the organizational structure? (Include an organization chart.)
- How will communication flow within the company?
- How will jobs be defined?
- What is the company’s mission/vision?
- What goals and objectives does the company have and how will they be measured?
- How will the company’s human resources be managed with respect to rewards, selection criteria, and training?
Financial Plan (2-4 pages)
The financial plan demonstrates that the market research has resulted in financial projections that suggest a successful start-up. Actual dollar amounts are not needed. Realistic estimates can be used or dollar amounts can be taken from existing tables in the text. The financial plan should address the following:
- What assumptions is the financial plan based on?
- Prepare a three-year pro forma income statement. What does it tell the entrepreneur?
- Prepare a three-year pro forma cash flow. What does it tell the entrepreneur?
- Prepare an end of first year balance sheet. What does it show?
- What is the break-even analysis for the company? How did you arrive at that point?
- What sources of funds should the entrepreneur pursue? Why?
Assumptions and Limitations (1 page)
In the process of writing the business plan, you did not always have the detailed information you wanted/needed, and therefore you had to make assumptions. You also encountered limitations where certain criteria or expectations could not be met. Present those assumptions and limitations by addressing the following:
- What assumptions were made?
- What information did you base your assumptions on, and where did you extrapolate it from?
- Build a case for your interpretation of the extrapolated information
- What criteria or expectations posed limitations to the plan?
- How did you work within those limitations?