For this assessment task you are to critically analyse a research article (Khoii, R. & Sharififar, S. 2013, ‘Memorization versus semantic mapping in L2 vocabularly acquisition’, ELT Journal, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 199–209.)
Your analysis should critically address the following questions:
1. What is the problem that is addressed in the research?
2. What research perspective or approach is taken to addressing this problem?
3. What findings and conclusions does the author draw from the research?
4. What evidence does the author present in support of the conclusions? Do you find the evidence convincing or unconvincing? Why?
5. Can you identify any assumptions within the approach, conclusions or evidence presented in the article that the reader must agree with in order to accept the validity of the author’s arguments?
1. The research problem, approach and conclusions are clearly and succinctly identified
2. Analysis of the evidence presented to support the article’s conclusions demonstrates a capacity to identify and critically articulate the strengths and limitations of the study.
3. Identification of assumptions made in the article demonstrates thoughtful insight and critical reflection.
4. Writing is concise and well-structured, using appropriate language, literacy and referencing
Explain how to answer questions in the file (Advice to students)
Explain the structure of this task in the file (structure of assessment 1)
The important readings must be within the references in the file(The important readings)
Sample previous assignments and examples. in the file(Examples of students’ Assignment 1)
Also, you should use some other references from the list.